Drywall Cracking Repairs in Denver
- The Causes of Drywall Cracking
- Common Drywall Crack Repairs
- Why Choose Van Matre Construction for Drywall Crack Repair
- Request a Quote
Drywall cracks are fairly common and can range from small cracks to large splits. Even the most structurally sound homes may experience cracks on their walls. They are most commonly seen in areas such as the corners of doors and windows, where the structure endures more stress than other spaces. Another common place drywall cracks form is the seam where two pieces of drywall come together.
These cracks occur over time, as the house settles. While some are nothing to worry about, others are indicative of serious issues with your property. No matter the severity of the crack, however, one thing is for sure: they detract from the aesthetic and value of your home, and will need to be fixed immediately.
The Causes of Drywall Cracking
There are many possible reasons your drywall has cracks. The causes of drywall cracks depends on the age of the home, the materials used to build the house, and the quality of workmanship.
- Drywall installation errors – The seams between the drywall sheets must be correctly taped, smoothed, and sealed during installation. If not, drywall cracks could appear.
- Foundation settlement – This happens when the soil underneath the foundation shifts and becomes displaced, causing the home to sink or settle.
- Framing shrinkage – If wet lumber or poor quality framing was used, it can allow movement and settlement that can lead to cracks or tears in the drywall.
- Moisture variation – Too many changes in moisture levels can cause expansion or shrinkage, which, in turn, cause drywall cracks.
- Temperature variation – Cracks in the drywall can happen because of significant changes in the temperature, which can cause shrinkage or expansion.
- Heavy objects – Sometimes the cracks on your wall are simply caused by it bearing too much weight.
- Poorly placed drywall screws – If a drywall sheet is not properly secured to the backing, it will move away from the sheet adjacent to it when the property settles. This will form a crack.
- Not enough drywall backing – If the drywall is hung without proper backing, the sheets will eventually move and create cracks in the wall.
Common Drywall Crack Repairs
Van Matre Construction, LLC can repair a range of drywall cracks and damage.
- Damaged corners repair – Corners of walls and room openings are often the first to sustain damage. Rest assured that we will rehabilitate and damaged corners.
- Hole and patch repair – There are many reasons your wall can end up with a hole in it, from someone punching the wall to doorknobs repeatedly knocking into it. No matter the reason, we can make your wall look as good as new.
- Nail pops repair – These little bumps on your wall are caused by a loose nail or screw. We can easily fix this unsightly blemish on your wall with our expert service.
- Stress crack repair – No matter the size of your stress cracks, we can repair them.
- Water damaged drywall repair – This type of drywall damage can lead to structural integrity problems. Van Matre Construction, LLC can easily restore your walls to their former glory.
Why Choose Van Matre Construction, LLC
At Van Matre Construction, LLC, we have been providing a range of services, from drywall crack repair to foundation repair since 2001. Our services are available to homeowners in Boulder, Louisville, Lafayette, Longmont, Broomfield, Westminster, and Denver.
If you have foundation repair questions or would like to a
free assessment, complete the below contact form.