Quality Wall-Straightening Services
- When to Call a Contractor
- Our Wall-Straightening Methods
- Why Choose Van Matre Construction For Wall-Straightening
- Request a Quote
Foundation walls are load-bearing structures designed to support vertical pressure. However, varying soil conditions in Colorado exert horizontal pressure as well on your home’s foundation walls. Most of the soil in the state is rich in clay, and this type of soil rapidly expands when wet. The expanding wet clay puts additional pressure on foundation walls, causing them to buckle and bow.
Other factors that may cause your foundation walls to buckle are hydrostatic pressure, frost, poorly graded soils, and poorly maintained roof gutters and drainage systems.
If left unchecked, bowed or bent walls won’t return to their normal positions, and will slowly degrade as soil conditions change through the seasons. This can result in a domino effect, starting with your foundation walls giving, followed by the entire foundation falling apart and causing your home to collapse.
Don’t wait until you need to make major foundation repairs or see your entire house crumble.
When to Call a Contractor
If you notice any cracks in your masonry, these are early signs of your foundation walls weakening. Sections of the wall will soon bow, buckle, and tilt inwards. These are your cue for calling a contractor with experience in quality wall-straightening services.
Our Wall-Straightening Methods
At Van Matre Construction LLC, we offer wall-straightening solutions to repair your bowed walls, either returning them to their original position or reinforcing them to prevent a future disaster. Depending on the severity of your bowed walls, here’s what our wall-straightening services include:
- Wall Anchors – Wall anchors stabilize cracked and bowed walls and straighten them over time. In this method, long, threaded rods are drilled through your foundation walls and connected to more stable soil, and then connected to a plate. A plate is also positioned at the foundation wall. The wall plate is tightened gradually to exert an equal amount of pressure on the outside forces, slowly straightening bowed walls. This is a cost-effective solution to avoid a costly foundation replacement.
- Carbon Fiber Repair – Concrete foundation walls can develop cracks over time, due to constant expansion and shrinkage from changes in temperature and hydrostatic pressure from the soil. Carbon fiber is a good solution for this. Apart from being lightweight and virtually maintenance-free, carbon fiber is minimally invasive and can be used on poured concrete and block walls. It works like wall anchor systems, but without the digging. Strips of carbon fiber are glued quickly onto bowing walls with an epoxy resin, which then absorb the outside pressure.
Why Choose Us as Your Wall-Straightening Solution Provider
At Van Matre Construction LLC, we have been fixing foundation issues in Denver, Colorado since 2001, and part of the process is straightening the walls. Years of experience has taught us which repair methods and equipment work best. We make it a point to stay client-focused when delivering our services.
We quickly assess your structural issues, and no job is too big or too small for us. Our experience and expertise lets us offer the repair services you need at a competitive price.
For cost-effective wall-straightening solutions that protect your home’s foundation, contact us today.
If you have foundation repair questions or would like to a
free assessment, complete the below contact form.