Expert Foundation Repair and Restoration
- Warning Signs of Foundation Shifts
- Why You Need Foundation Repair & Restoration
- Foundation Repair Options
- Why Choose Van Matre Construction For Foundation Restoration
- Request a Quote
Active soils do more property damage in the U.S. than natural disasters. This is especially true for homes that lie in Denver’s Front Range and Eastern Plains, where the clay-rich soil actively expands and contracts with weather and temperature changes.
The seasonal expansion and contraction of the soil, along with unpredictable weather, frequent storms and the occasional earthquake, means extreme variations of pressure. These pressure variations put tremendous stress on your home’s foundation, which can eventually lead to major structural issues. There may also be settlement and horizontal movement of the soil where your home sits.
Even if you can’t see it, your home may already be experiencing shifts in its foundation from these erratic pressure changes and soil movements. If you suspect that your home needs foundation repairs, have a contractor inspect it immediately. Once you find out which repairs or foundation restoration services you need for your Denver home, you must lose no time to have it fixed.
The Warning Signs
You may not feel the shifting of your home’s foundation, but there will be noticeable signs. Be on the lookout for these signs:
- Cracks in the drywall
- Nails coming off drywall
- Cracks or gaps in walls
- Cracks on floors
- Cracks on the foundation itself
- Settling or sinking foundation
- Rising foundation
- Damp crawl spaces
- Water pooled in the basement
- Sagging, sloping, or uneven floors
- Sticking doors and windows that are hard to open or close
- Gaps between the garage door and the pavement on either side
- Diagonal cracks on walls, extending to the corners of windows and doors
- Leaks and cracks in and around the fireplace
If any cracks you see are hairline cracks, they may not require immediate action. But if they appear to be growing and are bigger than 1/8 of an inch, contact Van Matre Construction, LLC for a free assessment.
When You Need Foundation Repair and Restoration
There are different situations that cause foundation damage, and these should not be ignored. For most of these situations, water is the usual suspect. Changes in moisture may cause the soil beneath your home to swell or shrink, which in turn leads to shifts in the foundation.
You may need foundation restoration for your Denver home in these cases:
- It was built on expansive, clay-rich soil (a good chance of that here in Denver)
- It was built on poorly-compacted fill soils
- The area surrounding the foundation has poor drainage
- Your area has extreme seasonal changes or weather patterns
- There was a plumbing leak beneath your home
- Tree roots are growing too close to your home
- A natural disaster such as flood, drought, or earthquake compromised the foundation
Why Choose Us as Your Foundation Restoration Service Provider
Since we started Van Matre Construction, LLC in 2001, we have become experts in foundation repairs and restoration in the Denver area. Assessing foundation issues, and recommending and performing the necessary repairs is our specialty. We know all about the particular soil conditions in the area, how it impacts your home’s foundation, and how to fix these issues.
With our years of experience, we know which repair methods and equipment suit your situation. We are also known for our client-focused service. We quickly determine the root of your foundation problems and recommend services you can afford.
For cost-effective foundation repair and restoration, contact us today.
If you have foundation repair questions or would like to a
free assessment, complete the below contact form.